Group Exhibition Vernisaj at bistro D20, Friday 9 March 2018
Thanks to Corina Laura Nae @contempora
Collages: monoprint, metallic gold and silver leaf, crayon, coloured pencil, ink, print reproductions of original gouache and watercolour paintings, on paper, wood and craft tubes.
From the series:
- Recircle of Garden of Eden, collage, A4
- Laputa in one complete revolution, collage, A4
- Tikkun olam, collage, A4
- עֵץ הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע [Etz ha-daʿat tov wa-raʿ] The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, collage, A4
- Restarting of the Garden of Eden, collage, A4
- चक्र कल्प Chakra Kalpa, collage, A4
- Return to the Land of Youth, collage, A3
- A dream in the Garden, collage, A2
- The 4 rivers from the Garden, collage on kraft tubes
The theme of the exhibition is Post Eden art of living, the project being a collaboration with ElenaBerlo. The exhibit is constructing, conceptually and especially emotionally-sensorially, on two well known archetypes, Adam and Eve and The Garden of Eden, Gan Eden גַּן עֵדֶן in Aramaic, Hebrew. At the base there are two flights as I call them: one is the flight from yourself, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and the second is the desire to return, or to find yourself, the Garden, and the Tree of Life.
The collages -a map of deeply embedded gene memories brought to surface in form of fantasy and dreams - are using various process and materials from both realms, the natural like wood, fabric, watercolours, oils and paper, symbolizing the return to nature, and synthetic - the inhale of the world, the techno (=man made) world, like plastic, foam, polymers, acrylics, metal and raisins.